Job Vacancy: Assistant to Application Manager
The European Handball Federation (EHF) is looking for a proactive individual interested in growing in the role by building gradually the IT knowledge as Assistant to Application Manager
Does project and operational support activities in IT could represent an exciting career for you?
The European Handball Federation invites you to submit your CV and cover letter in English or German to: email@example.com.
Applicants shall be able and willing to travel occasionally to support EHF events in Europe.
- Location: Vienna
- Contract: Full Time (40 h) - Permanent
- Department: IT
- Reporting to: Application Manager
- Starting Salary: EUR 42,000 per Annum (negotiable, overpayment depending on qualifications and experience)
- Start Date: to be agreed individually
A career at the European Handball Federation will encompass:
- International and inclusive professional environment
- Travel opportunities within Europe
- Opportunities to work at top events
- Perspective of career development within the IT Department
As part of EHF, you will be a valuable member of the IT team supporting the Application Manager in the field of competition and business process applications and project management as well as covering dedicated support topics. Gradually you will get the chance to manage projects related to EHF´s competition administration applications as well as projects covering internal business processes.
We are looking for a quick learner with problem solving skills, with an affinity for IT and logical understanding of processes. We appreciate highly for this role an open-minded personality, willing to learn and take responsibility.
Ability to communicate in English and German is necessary.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Assistance to the Project Manager in regards to project management and documentation
- Assistance to the Application Manager in regards to application design and application management
- Communicate with external agencies in functional responsibilities and coordinate internal stakeholders and staff members
- Maintain documentation for the duration of assigned project(s)
- Covering support topics related to office infrastructure
- 1st level support of EHF applications for EHF Staff members and external stakeholders
- Support the IT team in regards to recurring operational processes
- Working experience in IT related environment as well as project management knowledge desirable
- Experience in support represents an advantage
- User experience with Jira Confluence represents an advantage
- Good understanding of business and functional requirements
- Awareness of design of entity relationship models
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to communicate in German (written and spoken)
- Ability to multitask efficiently and work under pressure
- Interest for emerging digital technology trends
- Stress resistant and solution orientated
- Team spirit and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Willing to support
- Interest in team sports
About the EHF
The European Handball Federation (EHF) is the organisation that oversees 50 National and two Associated Federations across Europe and is intrinsically recognised by the International Handball Federation (IHF). The EHF is dedicated to the organisation and management of prominent handball competitions that today are crowned by the EHF EURO events for national teams and the EHF Champions League for club teams. The scope of duties exceeds the arrangement of events, the EHF is dedicated to the development of the game from grassroots development and education to top-level events.